Friday, February 12, 2010

Be My Valentine: Balaclavas, Indian Jewelry and Dead Roses

posted by Free Press Houston @ 8:54 AM



By Anna Garza


Don't call it a comeback; I've been here... and there. Truth be told, I haven't been too excited about the recent batch of shows. Since this is my party and I will write about what I want to, I am here to inform you of a show tomorrow night you should not miss. What? You already have plans? Cancel them! You have a cold/flu? Chug some non-drowsy Nyquil and get your sniffling, sneezing, coughing, and stuffy head self to the Mink. The music of Balaclavas, Indian Jewelry and Dead Roses is just what the doctor ordered. And, no, not Dr. Kevorkian; I know what you are thinking!

Dull Knife Records are throwing a fête to celebrate the release of Balaclavas’ "Roman Holiday" LP. The record has received rave reviews with comparisons to Bauhaus and Nick Cave. Copies of the 12" will be for sale at the show. For those without a turntable, the album includes a download coupon for free high-quality mp3's. If you just so happen to blow all your money at the bar (something I have been known to do), the album will also be for sale digitally on iTunes and eMusic.

In between bands, DJ Chemical Mange née Domokos Benczedi will aurally assault your hearing from the 99th floor.

For information on Dull Knife Records: http://dullkniferecords.com/

Balaclavas // Indian Jewelry // Dead Roses

Saturday, February 13 @ The Mink Backroom. 3718 Main Street. (Backroom entrance on Alabama) $6. 18+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home