Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mass Effect: on your social life

posted by Free Press Houston @ 9:41 AM

By Tyler Barber



Hello, my name is Tyler Barber and I am a Mass Effect addict. It started when I got my copy of ME early for review. That first day I thought, I'll create a character, dabble with the game, and move on. Little did I know that hours later, I'd still be tweaking my customizable character, yet to even start the game. I've had almost a weeks worth of nights where the rising sun would be a sobering exclamation of, "hey, it's 6 a.m. loser, go to bed already!" But I can't help it. I'm out of control. ME has a grip on my life, and I'm here today to take the steps necessary to rectify my addiction, and become a productive member of society.

Unsurprisingly, developer Bioware exceeds in creating believable characters in a universe that you actually care about. As in their previous RPG's, (Knight of the Old Republic, Jade Empire) ME lets you play as either an asshole, a push-over or as some moody-middle ground. My recommendation: asshole all the way. The dialog options only show the sentiment of what your character is thinking. What you actually do say can be very unexpected, and often times brutal.

Read the full review here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home