Thursday, August 7, 2008

Recesson Thursday is on Recess this week but will be back Next week with 7 bands!

posted by Ramon Medina - LP4 @ 11:23 AM

I know what you are thinking. No Recession Thursday? What the hell!

Yes, of course, you deserve an explanation and we here at the Free Press, being beholden to you the reader, owe you an honest explanation*. So, while I didn't want to go out and say the reason, I feel I have no choice but to come clean. You see, what started out as a drunken and drug induced tryst involving Carolyn Farb and FPH illustrator Tim Dorsey (one that ended with a blood sacrifice of one of our staff members to Satan) has clearly gotten out of hand. Said Dorsey, "I mean sure it was fun at first - the sex, the drugs, the blood...I mean, who doesn't enjoy that every once in a while - but after a week of it...well, Farbi just couldn't let me go. I tired to let her down easy. You know explain to her that I have other obligations - I work for an internationally famous publishing empire and I have my responsibility to Angelina Jolie and our newborn child but it seemed that, whenever I talked, all she would do was to check out my ass. Anyhow, to make a long story short, the restraining order doesn't kick in until next Thursday and since she blames Omar I had to ask him to cancel this week if only to assure his safety. Hey, you're not recording this are you?"

When asked for comment Mrs. Farb (through a spokesman) denied any of this though she does concede that Dorsey does in fact have a "fine ass."

Don't worry, Recession Thursday will be back next week at Numbers with a whole lotta kick ass bands including Alarma, Lazy Horse, Eastern Sea, and a whole lot more.


*but you're not getting one so I'm just gonna bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home